The original company, Ernest Lowe (a Division of Hudaco Industries Limited), was established some 110 years ago and developed into one of the leading hydraulic and pneumatic engineering companies in the Republic of South Africa.
After two mergers over the past few years, namely with Messrs Hydrotube (Pty) Limited and Power Systems International, we are one of the largest local manufacturers and reconditioners of hydraulic cylinders in South Africa.
What We Offer
We design and manufacture two ranges of hydraulic cylinders known as the HT 210 and HT 250 Series. A large part of our production is engaged in the manufacture of cylinders to customer’s individual requirements and specifications.
In the pneumatic field we are the licensed manufacturer of MARTONAIR cylinders in South Africa. We further manufacture our own range of cylinders as well as ‘special’ cylinders to meet customer’s requirements.
We at Ernest Lowe are proud of the high quality of our products and facilities and the fact of being a listed ISO 14001:2004, ISO 9001:2008 & OHSAS 18001 Company and as such, operate to these Standards.
Ernest Lowe serves Southern Africa with Quality Hydraulic & Pneumatic Automation Solutions.
Ernest Lowe continually strives to become the leading Supplier and Distributor of Hydraulic & Pneumatic Equipment in Southern Africa.
Ernest Lowe History
- 1898 Founded by Mr. Ernest Lowen Hertz in Selby Johannesburg.
- 1925 Renamed Ernest Lowe and moved to Booysens Reserve.
- 1948 Ernest Lowe was acquired by Hans Lichti & Karl Baumann.
- 1952 Ernest Lowe acquires the MARTONAIR agency with an agreement to manufacture under license.
- 1965 Ernest Lowe acquires the LINDE Hydraulic agency.
- 1977 Ernest Lowe was acquired by Vickers PLC. of England.
- 1982 Due to sanctions Ernest Lowe was sold to Valard Limited.
- 1983 Ernest Lowe acquires Hydrotube (cylinder manufacturers).
- 1992 Valard was acquired by Hudaco Industries and resulted in a merger between Ernest Lowe and Power Systems International - Hudaco’s hydraulic company.
- 2007 Company was restructured to facilitate entry of BBBEE shareholders.
- 2008 Achieved level 4 BBBEE status.